Most likely you have seen a humidifier at least once in your lifetime. While they are common items, many people have no idea how many kinds there are, what they are used for and the advantages of having one. After reading this, you will have more insight on the topic than ever before.
There are four popular types of humidifiers and each one has distinctions that make them very different from each other. Here is a brief overview:
Warm Mist Humidifiers
These produce a warm mist that is very clean and soothing. They are perfect for those who are in small areas since their range is not very large. If you are in an area that is excessively dry, they can be quite useful. Keep in mind that you have to be careful with these since the mist that is produced can be hotter than expected.
Cool Mist Humidifiers
The mist produced by this type of device is not as clean as their warm counterparts. They are equipped with a filter that helps keep dirt particles, dust and other impurities out of the air. These are ideal for people who reside in warmer areas.
These create a vibration using ultrasonic waves. This causes water vapor to form and it is released into the air without a fan. They create a cool mist in the air. People who prefer a quieter machine will like these. They are also lower maintenance than the other types.
Whole House Humidifiers
As the name implies, these can cover a rather large area and are installed directly into your cooling and heating system. These have a tank that needs to be cleaned and filled weekly. This is more work, but you have the luxury of not having to move the unit from room to room.
WHAT HUMIDIFIERS ARE USED FOR
These devices have many uses that include but are not limited to:
– Treatment of dry skin
– Reducing the occurrence of nosebleeds
– Easing the vocal chords
– Decreasing headache symptoms
– Sinus relief
– Eliminating dry cough
– Reducing static electricity
Many other uses exist, but these are some of the most common.
BENEFITS OF USING A HUMIDIFIER
In case you are still unclear about why this is an invaluable item. Here is a short list of benefits you can glean by using them:
1. When you have cold, flu and allergy symptoms, the moist air produced by these machines will help speed up the healing process.
2. Those who sleep with these in the room laud them for many reasons, including the fact that they wake up more refreshed because the air is not dry. Many also like the fact that the noise produced is similar to what is created by a white noise machine.
3. If you have really dry hair, having additional moisture in the air can restore balance and prevent breakage.
This is just a small peek into what these devices have to offer.
Now that you have more information available, it should be clear that this is a very useful machine. With all of the great uses and benefits associated with these, most people out there would be at an advantage if they purchased one.